express
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Why Change Helps You Grow

Go down

Why Change Helps You Grow Empty Why Change Helps You Grow

Post by Sam Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Almost everyone fears change. Change is the devil. We all want consistency in our lives and we hold on for dear life to the familiar. I am a strange person because I actually love change. I always see potential growth in change and I get excited. Although I’m sure if it were something tragic I’d change my tune, but as for now I’m sticking with it; my belief is that generally change is good. Most people don’t want to leave their hometown or even go to a college away from their home. The familiar tempts them to stay and stick with the same people, habits, and environment. They make life-changing decisions based off their friends’ choices, they live in the same place to be with the same faces, and their growth stagnates most of the time as a result. I knew I was going to leave home straight out of high school for a long time. Sure, I don’t necessarily have the answer as to why I chose Arizona out of all places when I had it great in California. The place doesn’t matter, but rather the change in scenery itself is what lit the spark in my excitement. Here are the reasons why I believe moving into change helps you grow. You’re forced to challenge your adaptability No more training wheels, you’re stripped naked. Nothing seems routine like it used to anymore and you can’t function off pure auto-pilot. The places you walk seem to feel different under your feet. The people you meet seem to possess different personalities and enjoy different things than what you once knew. At least for a while all of this may be true. All of this forces you to test how adaptable you are and how well you can function without the old reliable fallbacks. You may have been a leader, maybe even a follower in your old life. Can you continue as that person in your new life? Maybe you will grow and overcome the barriers that you now face because you’re forced to adapt. Problems such as loneliness and homesickness will begin to surface and you forced to either suffer alone or force yourself to socialize. This is why moving away is good. You can see how well you do in a new world and truly hone your social skills with the benefit of learning how to be yourself without your old support system. You have to meet new people and adapt to a new home. You’re forced to put yourself out there to mingle among new faces and so you take risks. Pray that you’re the type to take advantage of change. Pray that you are adaptable. Once you’re done praying, go out and take action. Prior to moving to Arizona, I was more excited than sad. I couldn’t wait to see the challenges that will face me and I wanted to test how adaptable I was. I suppose moving was a good thing because I proved to myself that I make the best out of any situation and I tossed myself head first into the new world. I made a name for myself and I grew as a person. New opportunities to explore If you’re in a new environment then there’s bound to be new adventures and places! Take advantage of them and explore as much as you can. Even if you downgrade from a place with beaches 20 minutes away to the middle of the desert (like I did), there are new opportunities. No excuses so don’t lie to yourself and say there’s nothing for you. It’s impossible for there to be absolutely nothing new you can enjoy. Be open to the fact that it’s somewhere different and that you just have to get out of the house. There are also going to be tons of interesting people you haven’t met. Take the time to get to know everyone by attending events or places that people of similar tastes would go. You see what you took for granted Even now after fully adapting, I still look back into my former life with awe and jealousy of my past self. I miss the simple things every other day and I yearn for a return to my home. I long for the embrace of former companions and the adventures that were left behind, unfinished. You have a new look on life when you move because you realize that life is beautiful. How amazing is it that so many little things made you happy and you don’t even realize it until it’s gone? They always say that the grass is greener on the other side and I agree. On the other hand, if you’re someone who absolutely despises your current home then great! Moving will be even better. Sure, you won’t get the feeling of being nostalgic, but you’ll be free! Finally, away from the old troubles, away from the terrible people who you feel plague your life. If you truly do feel this way, I’d recommend first looking into yourself before any more harsh words fall out that may not be true. Moving is something to seriously consider if you have the means to do so. Perhaps you have legitimate excuses as to why you can’t relocate now, but don’t rule out the possibility forever. One day you should maybe sit down and think about where it would be feasible to move. It doesn’t even have to be hundreds of miles away, just explore somewhere new. Test your adaptability, find new adventures, and look back with nostalgia at life’s treasures. Question: How much do you think you’d grow with a new environment?

Sam
Admin

https://express.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down